Advantages of Oracle Java Certification
Java is a programming language commonly used for desktop computing, other mobile computing, games, and numerical computing. Many new, innovative products and digital services continue to rely on Java as well. Many websites and applications require Java installations to function.
Java is secure, fast as well as reliable, and therefore it is used widely for developing Java applications in data centers, game consoles, cell phones, computers, and the like. Oracle Corporation is also the owner of the Java SE platform, which Sun Microsystems developed in the early 1990s. Oracle Java certification imparts the individual with an understanding of the various programming concepts.
What are Oracle Java Certifications?
Oracle Java Certifications exams, known as Sun Java Certification exams, are well known and respected in the IT industry. Certified candidates in Java technology take these exams. These exams validate the skill sets of candidates for specific job roles.
Importance of Oracle Java Certification
The demand for people who are familiar with Java technologies has grown around the globe, given the technological development. Certificates are also important as they attest to the fact that the holder has the required qualification for the job.
With an Oracle Java certification, you can create and expand applications and meet services efficiently. With businesses making their presence on the internet, a Java certification puts the holder more at an advantage to hire out their services.
Becoming an Oracle cloud-certified candidate also means more job opportunities and even recognition. Many jobs prefer a certified Java developer to a non-certified one. The certificate also validates the skills and knowledge of the candidate to develop software and web applications in the Java programming language.
Job Profiles of an Oracle Java Certification
- Software Developer
- Java Developer
- Java EE Application Engineer
- Java Spring Developer
- Android Software Developer
- Web Application Developer
Types of Certification Levels
Below are the four types of certification levels; it should also be kept in mind that each certification level has multiple versions of the same level depending on the different Java SE or Java EE versions.
- Oracle Certified Associate (OCA): This is for candidates who are new to Java. Here, the candidate is taught a set of skills that enable entry into an application development or in software management using Java technology. This certification has only fundamental skills and foundational knowledge.
- Oracle Certified Professional (OCP): Oracle Certified Professional, Java Programmer-II (OCPJP), Oracle Certified Expert, Java EE Web Component Developer (OCEJWCD) is a deeper, more advanced skill level. An OCP has a strong knowledge in a specific area of Oracle technology and two or more years of experience in the field.
- Oracle Certified Expert (OCE): This includes the Oracle Certified Expert, Java EE Enterprise JavaBeans Developer (OCEEJBD), Oracle Certified Expert, Java EE Web Services Developer (OCEJWSD), Oracle Certified Expert, Java ServerFaces Developer (OCEJSFD). OCE builds on skills proven by the OCA certification or Professional (OCP).
- Oracle Certified Master (OCM): This is the final certification level. The Oracle Certified Master, Java EE Enterprise Architect (OCMJEA). This is certified when the candidate has proven their ability and can solve problems with skills acquired from the training.
A newer certification is the Oracle Certified Junior Associate, which is a novice-level certification for people studying computer science based on Database and Java.
How to get Oracle Certified
- Research the Certifications: Research and choose an Oracle certification that suits the technology area that interests you.
- Prepare for your Exam: Oracle University offers both online and classroom classes. Choose the one that fits you best.
An Oracle Java Certification is highly regarded in the IT industry, and it puts you in a more advantageous position to get a better salary, better job, and even makes your work easier. Certifications in Oracle Cloud, Oracle training, and Oracle certified associate are very important to advance in your Java career path.
To pass these certification exams, you would need to understand the various Java technologies. Getting an Oracle Java Certification cements your expertise in your area and makes your company benefit from your industry knowledge and skills, making you an integral part of the team.