With up to 1200Mbps of 11ac dual-band Wi-Fi, the NETGEAR EX6100 SETUP extends the range and speed of your current home network
It works with any router and provides Wi-Fi for HD video streaming and gaming in even the most remote areas of your house. Get the network you need for iPads, tablets, laptops, and more.For Microsoft Internet Explorer 8.0, Firefox 20 or Safari 5.1, or Google Chrome 25.0 or older, a 2.4 and/or 5GHz 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac WiFi router or gateway is needed.
Netgear NETGEAR EX6100 WiFi Range Extender Setup
- Long wireless range: Connects up to 20 devices, including laptops, smartphones, headphones, smart speakers, tablets, IoT apps, and more, over a national network of up to 1200 square metres.
- Seamless Smart Roaming: When driving around your house or office, use the SSID name of your current network so you don’t get disconnected.
- Ac1200 Wifi speed: Using dual-band and proprietary Fastlane technology, delivers up to 1200 Mbps of output for challenging HD streaming and online gaming.
- Act with any WiFi-enabled wireless router, gateway, or cable modem.
- Link full-speed game consoles, streaming players, and other wired devices with a single gigabit Ethernet port.
- Open and stable: Supports WEP and WPA/WPA2 wireless security protocols.
- Config for the NETGEAR EX6100 SETUP: To view mapped network devices on your network, display WiFi settings, and show WiFi settings, use the Nighthawk setup software.
How do I get my NETGEAR EX6100 SETUP back to factory settings?
- In the Reset Netgear Extender factory, look for an object like a paper clip or a pen.
- Locate the Factory Reset button on the NETGEAR EX6100 SETUP bottom.
- Press and hold the reset button with a paper clip or pen for at least 5 seconds, or until the Screen to Extender LED flashes amber.
- Release the Factory Reset button and wait for the extensor to reboot.Until rebooting, the extender returns to its initial factory settings.
NETGEAR EX6100 SETUP access point
- Connect the electrical socket wire to the extender.
- Wait until the orange light on the Power LED clicks on.
- Attach an Ethernet cable to the EX6150’s Ethernet port as well as the router’s LAN port.
- Links to your wireless devices’ default EX6100 WI-FI networks, such as laptops, tablets, and smartphones:
- Pick mywifiext.net from your browser’s address bar.
- Click the Setup button for NEW EXTENDER SETUP.
- Fill out the fields on the Create Account screen and then select the NEXT button.
- It will determine which mode the EX6100 is operating in.
- Toggle between PUBLIC NETWORK and HOME NETWORK.
- You can enter the desired network name (SSID), security option, and password by clicking the Next button.
- Double-check that the client machine is linked before pressing the Continue button.
- Choose the option to proceed. A screen appears after you’ve completed the process, indicating that you’ve successfully established an access point.
- A click is made on the Next button. An entry depicts the unit. Fill in the registration fields and click Finish to complete the setup. Simply press Skip Registration if you do not want your extension to be tracked.
NETGEAR EX6100 Range Extender Setup
- If the extender is unable to detect your 5GHz wireless router wifi connection or if the extender happily submits to the 5 GHz band on an intermittent basis, consider swapping the frequency port on your router.
- To change the wireless channel on your router, follow these steps:
- Second, move your extensor closer to your router.
- Note that incorrect positioning will result in erratic 5GHz wireless band extension connections.
- Where Should My NETGEAR Wi-Fi Range Extender Be Placed? for more details Or, with my EX8000 Nighthawk Tri-Band WiFi Range Extender, how far can I get from my router?
- To link to your router, log in. See How do I log in to my NETGEAR home router for more details.
- After your router has successfully signed in, click Wireless to access the Wireless Settings tab.
- search for a wireless network channel under the (5GHz).
- If the router’s channel is set to Auto or 52-64 or 100-140, change it to 36-48 or 149-161.
Note: If you’re using a channel that’s between the suggested ranges, switch to a different one to avoid sporadic connections.
- Submit the form by pressing the Submit button. With a paper clip or pen, press and hold the reset button for at least 5 seconds, or until the Screen to Extender LED flashes amber.
Note: You can need to update your network list to see the name of your 5GHz router network (SSID) in the list of available networks that can be extended.
NETGEAR EX6100 Extender Setup via wps
- If your current wireless network supports WPS, use the instructions below to set up your extender with the WPS button.
- For 5 seconds, press and hold the WPS button on the Extender. On the front, the WPS LED image should blink.
- Press the WPS button on your wireless router, gateway, or access point within 2 minutes. Wait for the extender to connect to your current wireless network for at least 2 minutes.
- The WPS LED on your Extender will turn solid green and the 2.4 GHz Link Rate LED will light up if the connection is successful.
Note: If the 2.4 GHz Link Rate LED does not illuminate, repeat steps 1–2 or check to see if your router supports WPS.
Simply repeat steps 1 and 2 to connect the Extender to the 5 GHz band if your router supports it. The 5 GHz Link Rate LED on your Extender should light up if everything went well.
The extended network for each relevant band is broadcast as “network name 2GEXT” and “network name 5GEXT” once the extender configuration is complete. The password for connecting to the extender’s network is the same as for connecting to the router’s network.