Austria is the 12th wealthiest country in the world. Austria is recognized for its strong historical and cultural background throughout the world. Like other international study in Austria for Pakistani students is the dream of all Pakistani students. Pakistani students can study bachelor’s and master’s degree programs with and without IELTS. Pakistani students are highly interested in master’s degree programs in these Austrian universities. There is a certain reason which encourages Pakistani students to study in Austria. There is no IELTS required for master’s degree courses. Fees are very low for all international students. Pakistani students can take permanent residency after studies.
The oldest university in Austria was founded in 1265 and largest university in Austria can facilitate up to 91715 local and international students. Here is the list of top ranking universities with respect to subject in Austria;
1.University of Music and Performing Arts Vienna (Drama, Dance & Cinematics). 2. University of Leoben (Engineering – Mineral & Mining). 3. University of Vienna (Food Science,History,Communications & Media Studies,Linguistics,Mathematics,Law). 4. University of Technology (Computer Studies)
Top ranked universities of Austria
- University of Vienna
- University of Innsbruck
- Graz University of Technology
- University of Linz
- Medical University of Vienna
- University of Graz
- Medical University of Graz
- Vienna university of Technology
- Innsbruck Medical University
- Paracelsus Medical University
- Vienna University of Economics and Business
- Upper Austria university of Applied Sciences
- Sigmund Freud Private University Vienna
- Danube University Krems
- Alps-Adriatic University of Klagenfurt
- UMIT University for Health Sciences, Medical Informatics and Technology
Top Study Programs Offered by the Austrian Universities
Here is the list of top study programs and courses offered by Austrian universities;
- MA Anglophone Literatures and Cultures
- MA Culture Differences and Transnational Processes
- MSc Data Science
- MSc Drug Discovery and Development
- MA East Asian Economy and Society
- MSc Ecology and Ecosystems
- MSc Economics
- MA English Language and Linguistics
- MA Philosophy and Economic
- MSc Physics of the Earth (Geophysics)
- MA Science – Technology – Society
- MA Urban Studies
- MSc Applied Image and Signal Processing
- MSc Human Computer – Interaction
- MA Innovation & Management in Tourism
- BA Innovation & Management in Tourism
- MSc Advanced Electronic Engineering
Cost of living and Tuition Fee in Austria
The average estimated monthly living cost for international students in Austria depends upon the city and institution you are studying. Here is the list of monthly living costs for students in Euros: study in Austria
Housing and accommodation in Austria costs approximately 400 Euros. It can vary from city to city and institution to institution. For example, accommodation in Vienna is more expensive than in smaller town.
In Austria, many discount supermarkets offer food at a reasonable price. Other than supermarkets many institutions also have student cafeterias where students can get a meal at a good price. The total cost of food is approximately 250 Euros.
- Studies and Personal Requirements
The average cost of studies and personal requirements is approx. 300 Euros.
- Total cost per Month
The average monthly living expenses for a student in Austria are approximately 950 Euros.
Tuition Fees for non-EU/EEA Students
- Austrian and EU/EEA member countries do not have to pay tuition fee for two semesters. But after the completion of two semesters they will have to pay the tuition fee to continue their studies.
- All those students belonging from third world countries must have to pay 726.72 Euros per semester.
- The student union membership fee and student accident insurance fee is 20.20 Euros per semester and it is compulsory for all students to pay.
Non-EU/EEA students and researchers can apply for scholarships at various academic institutions. All the different grants or scholarship options depend upon your country region and your academic level. At bachelor’s level it is hard to find any financial support options. Furthermore, it is hard to find a grant or scholarship option which can support students’ whole degree program.