There is a famous saying by KM Cariappa,” Do not lament the death of a warrior in the battlefield. This clearly states how a soldier/defense-officer is revered in every country. The Defence force are trusted with the responsibility of maintaining the peace of their motherland.
In every country every year there are uncountable candidates who aim to secure a job in the defence forces. Youngsters who have a strong desire of joining defence forces have a throng of options based on their age and educational qualification. These options include NDA, CDS and AFCAT etc.
There are various entries to join Defence forces in India as explained below:
- Entries after passing 12th standard
NDA/NA(National Defence Academy/Naval Academy)
Aspirants who are aiming to join Indian Air Force, Army or Navy can appear for NDA exam after higher school certification.
Eligibility criteria for NDA exam
- Candidates must have passed 12th from a recognized board in India. The Students Appearing for 12th can also apply for it.
- Students must have studied physics and mathematics in 12th class.
- Candidates should be physically fit.
Type of commission: permanent commission
Aspirants who are aiming to crack the NDA exam can seek an Institute which provides the best NDA coaching in Chandigarh.
TES(Technical Entry Scheme)(Army)
There are many candidates who apply for TES after passing the 10+2 examination. Indian Defence force invites such applications for the Grant of Permanent Commission twice a year.
Total no. of vacancies: Around 90 vacancies
Eligibility criteria for TES Exam: Candidates who have passed 10+2 Examination or its equivalent with a minimum aggregate of 70% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics from recognized education boards are eligible to apply for this entry.
Type of Commission: Permanent commission.
- College of Military Academy, Pune
- Military College of Telecommunication Engineering, MHOW
- Military College of Electronics and Mechanical Engineering (MCEME). Secunderabad depending on the relevant choice of technical branch allotted.
10+2 (B.Tech) Cadet Entry Scheme(Navy)
- Passed Senior Secondary Examination (10+2 Pattern) from any recognized board in India. Scoring at least 70% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and at least 50% marks in English (either in Class X or Class XII).
Type of Commission: Permanent commission.
Entries after graduation
CDSE(Combined Defence Services Examination)
CDS is a common entrance exam for the recruitment of unmarried males and females (including widows and divorcees who haven’t remarried). Candidates must bear a degree of graduation from a recognized university. CDS exam is conducted by UPSC twice a year. The notification for this exam is released in November and August. Its exam is conducted in February and November. Candidates who have set their eyes on clearing CDS exam can join a prestigious institute that is able to provide the best CDS Coaching in Chandigarh.
Type of commission: permanent commission and short service commission.
- Indian Military Academy, Dehradun for Indian Defence force (PC/Men)
- Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala for Indian Navy
- Airforce Academy, Dundigal for Indian Air Force
- Officers Training Academy, Chennai for Indian Army (SSC/ Men & Women)
AFCAT( Air force Common Admission Test)
This exam is conducted by the Indian Air force to recruit officers to its various branches except for medical and dental branches. Candidates should have a graduation degree from a recognized university in India.
Type of commission: Permanent commission
Training: Airforce Academy, Dundigal.
Aspirants can condition themselves by joining classes in a leading institute that provides the best AFCAT coaching in Chandigarh.
TGC Entry (Technical Graduate Course)
Candidates who are engineering graduates and unmarried males can apply for this exam. This is a direct entry course.
Type of commission: permanent commission.
Training: Indian Military Academy, Dehradun.
SSC Tech entry
Widows of defence personnel can also apply to offer short services. This is also a direct entry which means candidates need not appear for the written exam.
Type of commission: Short service commission
Training: Officers Training Academy, Chennai
Youngsters who aspire to join defence forces can refer to the above entry schemes. Indian Army is the most elite organization which youngsters choose to join after completing their higher education or graduation.
Are you one of those candidates who are aiming to crack the CDS exam? If yes, join a leading institute that provides the best CDS coaching in Chandigarh